RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HOST
- Participants should bring their own glove, running shoes, paper/pen, and dress appropriately for activity.
- Per Participant Per 6-week training session: $30.00 (taxes included)
- Hosting Fee: $250.00 taxes included (for a program with up to 8 participants)
- Hosting Fee: $500.00 taxes included (for a program with 9-16 participants)
***Must be paid in full prior to start of program.
Payment of Hosting Fees
- Host must guarantee sessions by forwarding the Hosting Fee by cheque or money order to the Softball Newfoundland and Labrador office at least two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled session.
- All cheques must be made payable to Softball Newfoundland and Labrador
Softball Newfoundland and Labrador reserves the right to cancel a training program;
- If we have not received payment in the office; or if a CANpitch Instructor is unavailable for selected dates.
Keep the Softball Newfoundland and Labrador office informed of the number of participants registered and any problems or concerns you may have regarding the training sessions. Softball Newfoundlandand and Labrador personnel will do their best to help with your sessions in any way if problems arise. The ratio of participant to instructor is 8:1
- All Hosts are responsible for registering and receiving payment from participants for the 6-week training program.
- It is your responsibility to pre-register your participants in order to prevent any last minute cancellations or no-shows.
Session Length and Format
- Training once per week for six (6) weeks.
- Each session is one hour in length.
- All participants at this level are expected to practice at least one time per week in addition to their 1-hour training session.
- Training sessions run for 6-weeks.
- Each individual session is one hour in length.
- The time at which this level meets will depend on the individual host and instructor.
Regional Pitching Instructors
- Softball Newfoundlandand and Labrador will provide a trained instructor for your training sessions.
- Once you have received information on your Instructor, Softball Newfoundlandand and Labrador trusts that both the Instructor and Host will communicate before and during the training program.
- In order to have a successful 6-week training session, it is necessary that you have a facility that is approximately 40 feet by 60 feet with adequate space for all participants to throw softballs safely.
- Make sure that the facility you have obtained will allow the use of indoor softballs and the participants are able to throw full out.