2016 Constable William Moss Memorial Fastpitch Tournament Rules
The 2016 Constable William Moss Memorial Fastpitch Tournament.
1. TOURNAMENTS (LOCATIONS)
- U12 Boy’s (Kelly’s Brook & Conway Glen)
- U14 Boy’s (Mundy Pond & Shea Heights)
- U16 Boy’s (Lions)
- U14 Girl’s (Bannerman)
- U16 Girl’s (Wyatt)
*Please Note: Fielding Schedule may change and all coaches should check the Softball NL website regularly www.softballnl.ca.
*Head-Quarters for the Moss Committee: Lions Park
2. AGE REQUIREMENTS
- Squirt Boy’s must be 12 years of age or younger by Dec. 31, 2016.
- Pee-Wee Girl’s must be 14 years of age or younger by Dec. 31, 2016.
- Pee-Wee Boy’s must be 14 years of age or younger by Dec. 31, 2016.
- Bantam Girl’s must be 16 years of age or younger by Dec. 31, 2016.
- Bantam Boy’s must be 16 years of age or younger by Dec. 31, 2016.
3. REGISTRATION WITH SOFTBALL NL
Every member of the Team – Players and Coaches – must be Registered with Softball Newfoundland Labrador. Any player not registered will not be permitted to play in the Constable William Moss Memorial Fastpitch Tournament. Each player is also required to have a photocopy of his or her Birth Dates and MCP Number.
- There will be stealing to 2nd base only no stealing 3rd or home under any circumstances (i.e. overthrow or pick-off).
- The batter will NOT be permitted to advance to 1st on a third strike pitch if catcher misses the ball (if first is unoccupied or there are 2 out).
Pee Wee Girl’s
- There will be no stealing or advancing on a passed ball.
- The batter will not be permitted to advance to first on a third strike pitch, if a catcher missed the ball. If the batter is called out on a third strike, he/she is considered out.
Pee-Wee Boy’s, Bantam Boy’s & Bantam Girl’s:
- There will be stealing to 1st, 2nd and 3rd, BUT no stealing home under any circumstances (i.e. overthrow or pick-off)
- The batter will be permitted to advance to 1st on a third strike pitch if catcher misses the ball (if first is unoccupied or there are 2 out)
Squirt Boy’s, Pee-Wee Boy’s & Pee-Wee Girl’s:
Teams must have a minimum of 2 pitchers. Pitchers may pitch a maximum of 4.0 Innings (consecutive or non-consecutive) in a regulation 7.0 inning game. If a game needs extra innings to complete, a player who pitched 4.0 Innings in regulation may pitch again without limitation. This applies to the playoff round also.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A pitcher will be considered to have pitched 1.0 Inning if he/she has thrown 1 pitch.
Bantam Boy’s & Bantam Girl’s:
Unlimited Innings for pitchers, but please keep in mind there is a FAIR PLAY RULE.
6. THREE FULL CONSECUTIVE INNINGS
All players must play at least three (3) Full Consecutive Innings. Coaches are reminded that this Rule will be Strictly Enforced.
Each Team is to be dressed in uniform. Players and Coaches will be issued Moss Tournament Hats, which must be worn during games. Browning Harvey (Pepsi) has donated hats for the event.
The Batter and All Base Runners MUST wear a Protective Helmet with a Chinstrap. On-Deck Batters MUST also wear a Helmet.
9. CATCHERS EQUIPMENT
Catchers MUST wear Masks with Throat Protectors, Chest Pad, Knee Pads and Athletic Support Cup.
10. TIME LIMITS
Games will consist of 7-Innings or 90-Minutes during the Round Robin. Umpires will provide each Coach with a 15-Minute Warning that will signify the Final Inning.
Playoff Games will be 90-Minutes also, but Teams will complete the inning that has been started when the time is up.
Please Note: The Championship Games in Each Division will be a Full 7-Innings, barring any Mercy Rules.
11. MAXIMUM RUNS ALLOWED
Teams will be permitted to score a Maximum of 5-Runs Per Inning. The Last Inning of each game will be an Open Inning. Umpires will give Teams a warning when there is 15-Minutes remaining in the Time Limit. This will signify, as stated in Rule 11, the Final Inning. This Inning then becomes an open inning.
12. APPROVED BAT LISTS FOR MOSS
Please Note: There will be a SHARING RULE in place. If the team you play wishes to use your bats they must be shared. If this is refused, that bat(s) in question will be removed from game. We have many teams that do not have a large (or any) equipment budget. A bat, made of one-piece construction, stamped by ASA Logo, does not exceed 98mph, free of burrs or flat spots, and is on the approved ASA Bat List, is approved for all Moss Categories.
In the event of a tie for Playoff Positions, the record between the teams will be the First Tie-Breaker, followed by Runs For and Against (Plus/Minus). The maximum Plus/Minus for a game is seven (7). The Third Tie-Breaker is Runs Allowed.
14. FOUL LANGUAGE
Foul Language will not be tolerated. Any Player, Coach or Team Supporter using Foul Language can result in that individual being ejected from the game and the park, or the game being awarded to the opposing team.
Coaches are required to have their Line-Ups into the Umpire 15-Minutes before Game Time.
16. NO ON FIELD WARM-UPS
There will be no on-field warm-ups. There is suitable room at all fields for players to warm-up prior to their game.
17. AWARDS PRESENTATIONS (Updated)
All Teams are to participate in the Awards Presentation at the end of each Championship Game.
18. DETERMINING HOME FIELD (ROUND ROBIN & PLAYOFFS)
During Round Robin Games, Home Field will be determined by Coin Toss by the Umpire.
During the Playoffs, the Team with the Higher Placing is the Home Team.
19. ROSTERS (MIN 10, MAX 16)
Each Team is to have a Minimum of 10 players. Teams shall not exceed 16, including Coaches, Managers, etc. There will be NO more than 16 Hats or Awards given to any Team. If Teams have less than 16 that will be the number of Hats and Awards. Teams will be All Boys or All Girls.
20. ALL OTHER RULES
All other rules that come into play will be Governed by the Softball Canada Rule Book.
21. MOSS TOURNAMENT (NO DEFAULTS)
Moss Tournament Games should be No Defaults. The Moss Committee would use the Fair Play amongst the Teams as this is the first Tournament of the year for Most Teams.
If a Team only has 8 players and the opposition have 11+ players use one of the players from the other team to get the games moving and the players playing ball.
22. FASTPITCH FASTPITCH
The Tournament is Fastpitch Softball. Fastpitch windup will be used in both Male and Female Divisions.
23. COMPETITIVE BALANCE
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to move teams from one division to another to retain a competitive balance in the tournament.
24. SPORTSMANSHIP & FAIR PLAY
Sportsmanship and Fair Play shall prevail at All Times during the Tournament!
25. 2016 TOURNAMENT SPONSORS
26. BALL (SIZE), PITCHING & BASES DISTANCES
Ball (Size), Pitching and Base Distances for All Divisions are listed below:
- U12 Squirt Boy’s: Ball (11) Base Distance (55) Pitching Distance (35)
- U14 Pee-Wee Girl’s: Ball (11) Base Distance (60) Pitching Distance (38)
- U14 Pee-Wee Boy’s: Ball (12) Base Distance (60) Pitching Distance (40)
- U16 Bantam Girl’s: Ball (12) Base Distance (60) Pitching Distance (40)
- U16 Bantam Boy’s: Ball (12) Base Distance (60) Pitching Distance (42)
Remember, the MAIN PURPOSE of the Tournament is to FOSTER GROWTH in Fastpitch Softball and for the ENJOYMENT of the PLAYERS!
IT’S STILL A GAME!
PLAY HARD AND HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!!!!
2016 Moss Committee:
- Ross Crocker
- Paul Smith Sr.