Call For Female Applicants
Do You Want To Contribute To The Development Of All Softball Coaches In Canada?
Softball Canada is now accepting applications to fill two (2) vacancies on the Coaching Development Committee (CDC). Please follow the link below to fill out the required application form by January 25th, 2021. For more information, please contact Kristin Noonan, Manager – Coaching & Safe Sport at Softball Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-523-3386 x3104. Only female applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Coaching Development Committee works with Softball Canada’s Manager – Coaching & Safe Sport to ensure the development and implementation of a fully integrated national coaching program that responds to the needs of Canadian softball coaches. This program includes the development and delivery of Softball’s National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP). The Coaching Development Committee meets face-to-face one meeting per year, holds monthly conference calls, and communicates via email on a regular basis.
Coaching Development – Committee Members At Large
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend Coaching Development Committee (CDC) meetings
- Provide ongoing leadership to specific policy and project assignments for coaching development program area(s)
- Direct the development and evaluation of Softball’s National Coaching Certification Program in collaboration with the Chair and Manager – Coaching & Safe Sport
- Review and evaluate Softball’s National Coaching Certification Program as required
- Revise and/or develop coaching educational resources including, but not limited to, NCCP materials, Technical Manuals, newsletter information, Coach’s Guides, and Coach Development Framework
- Perform Coaching related duties as requested by the Chair or Manager – Coaching & Safe Sport
- Minimum Trained or Certified NCCP Softball Coach and/or Coach Developer
- Experience coaching/playing Softball (any/all levels)
- Leadership, planning, or administrative experience in a volunteer or professional capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Member in good standing with Provincial/Territorial Softball Association and Softball Canada
- Application endorsed by Provincial/Territorial Softball Association
- Completion of CAC’s Safe Sport Training
- Experience as a Coach Developer for Softball and/or Multi-Sport NCCP considered an asset
- Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages (English and French) considered an asset