Call For Applications – Junior Men’s National Team -Assistant Coach
An exciting opportunity exists to join Softball Canada in the role of 2014 Assistant Coach in the Junior Men’s National Team Program. The Assistant Coach will work closely with the Head Coach and current Assistant Coaches in the pursuit of podium results at Major International Competitions with the respective programs, while contributing, through their engagement, to the physical, psychological and social development of each athlete. Opportunities include participation in training camps, selection camps and major events. Primary competition takes place from May through July and the program can allow for individual availability.
To be considered for the position, candidates should possess:
- International/Elite softball playing or coaching experience;
- Advanced technical knowledge in the areas of Hitting, Pitching, Infield and/or Outfield play;
- Proficiency in the use of Dartfish or video analysis software applications;
- Strong Communication Skills;
- The ability to work effectively in a “Team oriented environment”;
- Available to travel for extended periods of time domestically and abroad;
- Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s licence and passport;
Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Certification at Level 3 (or higher), or Competition – Development certified under the new National Coaching Certification Program, or the equivalent level of experience, is required.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2013.
All applicants are subject to Softball Canada’s screening process.
Candidates should forward their resumes by email to Softball Canada:
Attn: Mike Branchaud – Manager, National Teams / Canadian Championships
223 Colonnade Rd, Suite 212
Ottawa, ON, Canada, K2E 7K3
*This position is financially supported by Sport Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Softball Canada is the national sport governing body for softball in Canada.