An exciting opportunity exists to join Softball Canada in the role of Head Coach or Assistant Coach in the U23 Men’s National Team Program (subject to WBSC confirmation). The Coaches will work within the U23 Men’s program and in the pursuit of podium results at the 2022 WBSC U23 Men’s World Cup (date/location to be determined). Opportunities may include participation in training camps, selection camps and major events.
To be considered for the position, candidates should possess:
- International/Elite softball playing or coaching experience;
- Advanced technical knowledge in the areas of Hitting, Pitching, Infield and/or Outfield play;
- Proficiency in the use of video analysis software applications would be an asset;
- Strong Communication Skills;
- The ability to work effectively in a “Team oriented environment”;
- Available to travel for extended periods of time domestically and abroad;
- Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s licence and passport;
Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Coaches must be at the Competition – Development Certified level in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) or have the equivalent level of experience and/or are working towards obtaining their Certified status.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021
All applicants are subject to Softball Canada’s screening process.
Candidates should forward their resumes by email to Softball Canada, attention U23 Men’s Selection Committee at email@example.com.
*These positions are financially supported by Sport Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Softball Canada is the national sport governing body for softball in Canada.